The cost of TM registration in Tajikistan has increased slightly
From September 4, 2023, the National Patent Information Center (NPIC) of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Republic of Tajikistan introduced an additional fee for the trademark registration procedure.
From now on, the applicant must pay an additional fee for the publication of data on the application after it passes a formal examination.
Additional expenses of the applicant are:
- for a black and white sign: 234.6 somoni (approximately $21);
- for color sign: 391 somoni (approximately $36).
The state fees for application and examination remain unchanged. Thus, the application and examination fees for trademark in one class in black and white are 2,525.94 somoni (approximately $231).
The documents for the mediation procedure have been approved by the Ukrainian IP Office
The Mediation Center of the IP Office has developed and published documents for the possibility of conducting mediation regarding intellectual property objects in Ukraine.
In particular, the following were prepared:
1. Rules for conducting mediation in the field of intellectual property. They determine the procedure for conducting mediation on the basis of the IP office.
2. Regulations on the Register of mediators involved in the resolution of disputes in the field of intellectual property.
3. Code of professional ethics. The document establishes professional quality standards for the provision of services to ensure the preparation and conduct of mediation in the resolution of disputes in the field of intellectual property based on the IP office and defines the ethical principles of behavior of mediators involved in this process.
The relevant documents were approved by order dated September 7, 2023.
Thus, after the Rules enter into force, it will be possible to apply for mediation to the Mediation Center of the Ukrainian IP Office.